Wednesday, November 17, 2010

She got a fat old ass

I've been told by a fat lady who was balding that next time I saw my hairstylist she needed to dye my eyebrows along with my hair so they didn't look so funny.

I've been told that my Halloween costume made me look exceedingly pale. As it turns out, I am pale. I was outside for a few hours on Sunday and got burnt...in November.

I've been told my giant feet don't look that big and people have guessed when I have news that I'm pregnant when I'm not.

I've been asked about zits I have and about clothing I haven't bothered to iron. I have really sensitive skin and people sometimes assume it's a hickey when I get a little red on my neck from something innocuous like a coat rubbing against it.

And I really don't care.

Well, it's not that it doesn't hurt my feelings because sometimes it does (the pregnant thing really got me) but it's that I still, after all that, choose not to put the time in to have perfect eyebrows or perfect hair or pristinely ironed clothes. And I can't really say why but I'm fairly certain it has nothing to do with me having low self esteem. It's not that I think I can't look great because I know when I spend hours on my hair and makeup and plan outfits and accessorize that I can look pretty great. But I also know that it will take hours to do that and it's just not how I want to spend my time.

But lately it's come to my attention that all my pants are tight again. It's come to my attention that all the weight I lost 2 years ago is back, lurking around my ass and thighs and I've gotten fat in place I've never gained weight before. It's time to get it back together. This is literally the worst time I could be deciding to do this because holidays at my work entail constant eating. I don't even like cake and pastries or chocolate.

So, this holiday season I'd like to say, keep your junk food and judgements while I work on the junk lingering in my trunk.

3 comments:

  1. You are amazing smart and beautiful on the OUTSIDE. and I know you man loves you. AND I have a turkey for you....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I grew up as the circus freak, raised by wolves, in the ghetto, next to methadone clinic for prostitutes. One day I was playing with a pile of discarded needles, when cinnamon approached me. She said "boy, do what makes you happy, cause the world full of people who want to take it away". Morale to the story. Of all the things a prostitute can give you, take the advice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you're gorgeous.

    I'm totally on board with exercise. I'll use the treadmill next to yours if I can wear my bike helmet while I do it.

    ReplyDelete