Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Getting married

Whenever you share a life event with coworkers, friends, family, you get the weirdest comments from the masses. When I came to work and told people I'd gotten engaged, I got some really great ones.

"He's not Mexican, is he?"
[This woman was in a really ugly divorce from a man who was...you guessed it]

"THE LORD HAS BLESSED YOU"
[From a woman I'd never spoken to who'd sadly just lost her husband]

"OH MY GOSH! Are you going to have kids?"
[From someone who loved their freaking kids]

One time when I had some good news to share a coworker told another coworker: "Jess has some exciting news to share!" and the other coworker replied: "ARE YOU PREGNANT?!?" At first, I was furious. How dare you! I know I gained some weight but jeeeeez. Then I put it in perspective. She was trying to adopt and desperately wanted to be a mom.

Ir's just a good reminder for me for when people say crazy shit, it is almost always not about me.

1 comment: