Monday, March 14, 2011

Rant about Women

I went to Ulta this weekend with the husband to finally purchase something Nini and I had both been obsessing about: a cone-shaped curling iron. It creates luscious wavy curls and I'd gone in there THREE TIMES to buy the one Nini recommended. Anyway, I snagged it along with some other beauty accoutremont and got in line.

Ugh, the line was long. But no bother, Todd and I gingerly sniffed each of the Ulta lotion testers and decided vanilla almost always smells like weird chocolate. Then, this woman at the very front of the line did something that made my stomach turn. She started in on one of the ladies at the counter. "Um, excuse me, can we hurry this along a little? Can you see there's a long line behind you?" long enough for all the people at the counter and in line to hear. She then continued to the girls behind her: "Ugh, did you not think to at least match when you came to Ulta?" and the girl behind her replied: "I was thinking that too!" as this woman at the counter embarrassingly checks out and walks away. Then, the mean lady proceeds to check out and says to the girl checking the poorly dressed woman out: "I feel so sorry for you!" and she smiles sheepishly like 'I know, right?'

The staff did nothing. There were managers behind the counter. The people in line just agreed with the mean lady and some even helped her make fun of the woman. It was disgusting. Then the mean lady took forever to check out because of a return she had to make and I was thisclose to calling her ass out. But then I stopped. I'm not going to teach this stupid woman a lesson. She has $500 boots on and a LV purse and drove off in a brand new Mercedes Bens - she's already being punished by her awful stereotype so I figured, 'let it go.'

It's just so disappointing that women do that to one another. And I'm not excusing myself from that, I'm not above that, I've certainly never humilated a woman in front of 15 others, but I could do better. I could be less catty, I could gossip less.

1 comment:

  1. Okay. we could do better but we are not mean just to be MEAN. We are mean, sometimes, in self defense.

    And even with all that "material stuff" that woman is still so unhappy that she has to pick on another woman.

    ReplyDelete