Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Marriage as a means of grounding you to reality

Antiquing is in my blood. So it's only natural that I like the show American Pickers and luckily for me, there are usually enough "man cave" items featured that Todd will watch it with me.

Last night we were watching a rerun of the show where they visit a man named Ron. I am fascinated by people and Todd could see me processing what I was seeing on tv. And this is the conversation that followed:

Me: So, like, at some point....this man is mentally ill, right?
Todd: No Bean, he's just a man who's been digging an underground cave since he was 14 years old who likes to collect junk in his lair. Nothing strange there.
Then we laughed so hard we cried. Mostly because I must really be surrounded by mental illness to consider this man even questionably sane.

Then a prediction that he would probably die in there ensued and then we decided it was such a creepy crawlspace, and it'd be so hard to get his body out of there, that likely they'd just seal it off and let that be his creepy tomb because, you know, he likely would have wanted it that way.

This is why I don't watch "Hoarders"....Please see below for a picture of mental stability.

1 comment:

  1. I love that you believe that a man who lives in a tunnel he hand dug 23 feet below the surface that leads into a coal mine has the potential to be marginally sane.

    On a side note... he has 15 plungers but I didn't see any running water or plumbing. Consider that for a moment. I severely doubt he climbs through his rat-hole lair for 45 minutes to get back outside to relieve himself.

    ReplyDelete