Monday, October 18, 2010

Shoes

One way I've found myself unwinding from a long day lately is buying shoes online. The first pair was purchased after I realized my current leopard print shoes were...moulting, I guess is the word. They looked like they needed to be taken to pasture. Which is sad. They were a Target find $29 and pointy with a Betsey-Johnson esque patent leather bow. Sigh.

So I bought a replacement pair from Nordstrom and the experience was like fifteen thousand back massages. I bought them online and chose "pick up in store" and they were waiting for me at the customer service counter less than 12 hours later all packaged and beautiful.

Then I decided, hmm, all my black heels smell like stinky feet. Time for a new pair! I'd been eyeing a pair at Aerosoles and bought them on 10/8/10. I was charged $75 on 10/8, another $75 on 10/9, and ANOTHER $75 on 10/11 for ONE PAIR OF SHOES. I called 10/12, they told me they'd refund but that it would take a day or two. It took more than 2. Then they never told me they weren't available from the warehouse so they had to ship from NYC. THEN they never told me they shipped. I called to complain, something I hardly ever do. The girl just said "umm.......hold on" and made me hold for several minutes only to come back and tell me she'd send it to her manager. OK. What the hell are they going to do?

Anyway, they arrived today and they are.....ugly. Yep. They look like shoes my mom had in the 80s. I look like a very classy 80s secretary.

Now I have to try and return these behemoths and I just don't wanna. Taking them to the store tomorrow. So much for therapy.

No comments:

Post a Comment