Monday, October 25, 2010

Oh, you fancy huh?

I am perenially fascinated by men who dress better than me. Maybe it's because men in my family have an odd propensity for shorts (short shorts, sweat shorts, light-colored jean shorts). Maybe it's because last week when the husband was getting ready for work I noticed he was putting a shirt on he'd worn two days earlier and when I confronted him he promised it was over a fresh undershirt, like that was somehow better? Maybe it's because I dress like a sexy grandma. Regardless, that Charles Phoenix is a snappy dresser. Though, I'm fairly sure in the wrong neighborhoods he'd get beat up for it but man, he is a sight.

A group went out Saturday night for a good old-fashioned 3-D slideshow and were regaled with stories and visuals from Phoenix. Of note is that he was nicely dressed not once but twice during the show. He first emerged from backstage with an ironic suit on that was actually two suits, one red and one blue, sewn together (Get it? Like 3-D glasses). The second suit was red and white gingham print and featured a Colonel Sanders necktie that was BEDAZZLED. It made me feel shameful for being a jewelry designer who is always too tired to accessorize.

I was relieved because I'm never sure if these things will fascinate the husband like they do me but apparently 3-D photographers have two preferred subjects: cars and boobs. The retro 3-D slide show turned out to be very heterosexual. Of course, whe we were looking at the lighted stereoscope boxes with a series of photos in the lobby, the husband said "aw, did you see the bunny?" and I said, "WOW, so many naked ladies!"

I finished paper #4 of 5 for my org theory class and I can't wait to get it out of my hands. Only one more paper and then I can coast until December.

Tomorrow is mom's 49th birthday and I am very sad to be in another state. I wish I was picking her up for brunch, a massage, some nail art from my favorite nail shop, and an afternoon of antique shopping. The bad news is that we're not doing that tomorrow. The good news is that we ARE doing that on November 12, 13, 14 when I will have all my homework done ahead of the weekend so we can just have fun. Please raise your glass to the smartest, warmest, most jubilant and wonderful woman I know, my mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment