Wednesday, May 4, 2011

oh dear Jesus

So. Bloody. Overwhelmed.

I spent a good hour last night sobbing about how overwhelmed I feel. There's really nothing more pathetic than a grown woman driving and crying. I obviously knew these two weeks would be difficult, but I don't think I planned for how awful I'd actually feel.

I feel like I'm not doing anything well. I keep skipping out on my exercise plan, the apartment is a horror film mess, I'm behind in reading for one class and have a giant paper looming, I thought I was on the right track in the other class and turns out my paper is terrible and nowhere near completion, I'd tried to finish something early so the professor could look at that but we didn't get to it because of how awful my other assignment was, I haven't gotten anything together for mother's day, I haven't paid any of the bills, it's just a  sad state of affairs over here.

I'll get through it, I always do but it's more painful than usual. Thank god for Todd. And for the cats. Buggy just sat next to me and told me a million stories while I pet her. Last night, during the pathetic crying jag, Todd took my shoes off while I lay face down on the bed sobbing like a child and helped me into some pajamas. What a mess.

As a pallate cleanser, please enjoy the following article from my favorite author about his view on education. I have a brain crush on Dave Eggers and wish I was running 836 Valencia. DREAM Job.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/01/opinion/01eggers.html?_r=1&hp

No comments:

Post a Comment