Monday, February 21, 2011

Dino tooth!

It's only Monday night and this week is already shaping up to be funny. In one day I've laughed so hard I cried TWICE.

As you're aware, I'm now forced to try and whisper whenever I take a phone call at work on account of you-know-who so today when my mom called I was literally laughing so hard I was crying but not making any noise. Dad is getting better but taking cough syrup with Codeine and, well, Dad isn't good at  drugs. He sorta freaks out. Last night my mom said that he sat straight up, in the middle of the night, and starting feeling around the bed for something. When my mom asked what it was he answered: "I'm looking for my dinosaur tooth!" Comedy. I can picture my mom, exhausted, sick, confused, and laughing so hard she's having to hold her belly.

I cried from laughing a second time tonight when, in bed working on a big project due in a couple weeks, Todd got into bed next to me with a piece of re-heated pizza. It was dead quiet in the room except for the sound of me typing and the sound of him pushing the pizza around its little takeout box a million times. Todd is a patient man in all realms of life except food. If he makes something to eat, he wants it now if not sooner so this little noise of him pushing the pizza around the box, impatiently waiting for it to cool enough to put in his bear trap just caught me off guard and made me laugh really hard. Even more funny: half of the damn pizza was cold so he could have eaten it much sooner than he had.

I laughed with my boss today, with coworkers, at lunch with Laura, at dinner with friends, and at home with my sweetheart. I feel like a lucky woman to be able to laugh so much.

1 comment:

  1. We were somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert when the drugs began to take hold.

    We can't stop here. This is bat country.

    ReplyDelete