Thursday, January 27, 2011

Emergen-J

After returning from a very fun lunch with some of my favorite coworkers, I rode the elevator up to my floor and felt rejuveated, gleeful even. I hopped on, pressed the button for my floor and stepped off to a lobby full of people. I saw friends, coworkers, service people and I, being the dramatic woman that I am, raised my hands and exclaimed: "WONDERFUL! YOU'VE ALL MADE IT TO GREET ME UPON MY RETURN FROM LUNCH!"

Everyone chuckled, but then I realized that one lady was frantically flipping through her cell phone, one gentleman looked upset, and....

...coming at my left side, at top speed, was a woman on a stretcher. They were gathered because a coworker had fallen ill and was not responding, going in and out of consciousness.

I turned the corner and ran down the hall to my desk, hoping no one would remember what an idiot I am.

2 comments:

  1. Some people will do anything to get out of working. She probably just huffed some chloroform so she could go home early.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the third person from that side of the floor to have an ambulance called for them in 6 months. Now, call me crazy, but that might mean that stress levels are too high or there are environmental pollutants or something. 3 in 6 months is enough for me to want to investigate...

    ReplyDelete