Tuesday, January 17, 2012

No to socks

One of the worst presents I ever received was from an old boyfriend's mom. She looked like Stevie Nicks and was likely very high when I ate an awkward Italian dinner with her and the ex but that was before I knew what being high meant or what people looked like when they were high. She asked me a lot of questions like I was an adult but I was only 14.

His dad was my art teacher and would thank me for "being a good influence" on him. Which again, looking back was another really strange thing to say to a 14-year-old. At the end of our stupid dinner she gave me a gift. I think her gift that night soured me on socks forever.

I know they're not socks, really. They're more like completely useless crocheted hippie foot jewelry that inappropriately links your toe to your ankle. Doesn't matter. I was forced to wear them whenever we saw his mom and therefore I will boycott socks forever. Sorry Becky, blame Stevie Nicks.

Also, her son was a massive asshole.

2 comments:

  1. i think you should reconsider socks. they are one of my favorite accessories. socks can really dress up or down an outfit. i can't believe i just typed that. i miss caffeine and i miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like socks okay but would go barefoot every day if it was allowed. Must have been all my mother's nagging about stepping on poop, glass, and the possibility random nails.

    ReplyDelete