Monday, April 18, 2011

Where is my bubble?

Sinus Infection #2,789 began on Friday night. I am so sick of these things, I could puke. I went to the walk-in on Sunday. I hate going to the doctor but I thought you were supposed to go within two days of feeling crappy but that is apparently not true for sinus infections, just the flu. 

Please see below for my prescribed regimen:
1. take an allergy pill every night
2. sinus spray every night
3. nasal rinse twice a day (in the shower in the morning, before bed)
4. 2-4 tabs every morning and night of pseudophedrine
5. if I know I'm going to be anywhere near something that affects my allergies like sitting in grass, being around smoke etc, I'm to take an ADDITIONAL allergy med like Allegra or Claritin

Most of you who know me know that I deal with things by joking. I hate being sick so instead of being pathetic and crying and feeling sorry for myself I asked the doctor if this regimen was in lieu of being put in a giant hamster ball. The doctor laughed, a little. Todd and I debriefed later about how we couldn't tell if the doctor was pissed at me or was joking too.

ANYWAY, back to the regimen: Now, I'm not a doctor but this seems like a lot, right? I was up from 3:30-4:30am this morning talking to the cats in a total fugue state but I'm not nearly as sick as I was yesterday and I'm at work so this stuff must be working, right?

It just seems...like a lot. I also kinda feel cracked out, but in a good way. More like "there's work to be done!" and not like Jessie from Saved By The Bell "I'm so excited...I'm so..." crash. I'm a little sweaty like I'm having premature hot flashes too. I'm worried I'm going to dry out.

If someone could just swing by around 2pm to make sure I haven't shriveled up, that'd be great.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe your medically induced sleeplessness will cause us to cross paths during my insomniatic meanderings about at night. 3:30 am dance party. Our living room. Be there or be square.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jessa and Todd, you are a hoot <3 hearts

    ReplyDelete