Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Bloods or Crips?

Almost every morning Todd and I leave for work at the same time. We get in our cars, drive out of our complex together and then part ways as I get on the freeway.

Today was of particular interest because as we were leaving, he was pointing frantically so I pointed frantically back until I realized he was directing my attention to a duck waddling down our sidewalk. You can't help but be happy when you see a duck waddle, seriously.

But then I saw him do something strange: it looked like he was tying a bandana around his head...like he was about to go shake some banks down for cash. I will admit that part of me was relieved that our money worries were over but then I realized I'm a "steward of public funds" and, well, it'd just be wrong.

So I called him and this is our conversation:
Me: Hi honey!
Todd: Hi!
Me: Did that duck make you happy?
Todd: Yeah
Me: Honey?
Todd: Yeah?
Me: Are you in a gang?
Todd: No....
Me: Are you tying a bandana around your head?
Todd: No, just my neck.
Me: Why?
Todd: So my hair lies flatter.

I guess I can just be grateful it wasn't a dew rag and that he'll take it off when he gets to work.

1 comment:

  1. this totally made me laugh! i love you and the todd!

    ReplyDelete