Friday, March 23, 2012

Hey Girlfriend!

A dear friend's birthday is approaching so I double clicked my calendar and invited her to a relaxing morning of brunch and massages. Feeling quite pleased with myself, I checked my calendar and for some reason the notice wasn't popping up on there...hmm.

I checked my sent emails and there it was...why wasn't it showing up?? OH. I SEE. It's because as I was calendar-stalking my old boss' calendar earlier in the day I'd double clicked HIS calendar and placed the private meeting on HIS calendar.

A little back story: the friend whose birthday I was trying to celebrate and my old boss are not what you would call "fond" of one another. OOPS. Now she had an invite from him that said something like:
LET'S DO THIS!

10am - brunch/breakfast - Pain du Monde or Mother's or somewhere else? You pick!

Noonish - Massages, unless you want a facial?

Later - Shopping or a New Girl marathon - whatever we feel like!

OH GOD. Once I realized what had happened, I called his assistant and, while on the phone with her, my friend called me. "Do you realize what you did???"

Yes, yes I do.

Luckily my relationship with the old boss is still good. I emailed to tell him that he is not in fact invited to my friend's party and his response was priceless:
"Now I'm in tears!"

At least we can all laugh about it now.

1 comment: