Friday, August 26, 2011

The Bank of Boobies

School started this week and on Wednesday night I met my friend Sam for a quick dinner. I got in line to pay for a libation and there was a guy walking around stirring chili in a square bucket. Another guy in the line in front of me was pushing coins painstakingly across the counter, looking worried.

As a "do-gooder" I said "Do you need a quarter or two?" and he looked up at me and said "Yes, I'm short."

No problem! I hand a quarter to him and he hands it to the cashier who informs him he's still 3 cents short...so he looks at my wallet, then my boobs, I hand him a nickel. He hands it to the cashier who hands him two cents, which he puts in his pocket.

It occurs to me he has a cognitive disability as he proceeds to stare at my chest and say "That was really nice of you....do I owe you anything?"

Nope.

No comments:

Post a Comment