Saturday, August 24, 2013

Rock and Roll couple

I love a good garage sale: I have to, it's in my blood. We have been going to garage sales and thrift stores since I can remember but man, so many bad garage sale signs in our neighborhood. All you need is cardboard and black paint. None of these tiny little nugget signs written in the thinnest pen you can find. When you do that, no one knows you're having a sale and if they do, they arrive harried from the horrendous turn they had to make because they had to get within 4 feet of your terrible sign to see where the hell the sale is happening.
So, when we were driving to breakfast this morning and I saw a properly made sign, we had to stop. We waddled up, unshowered, to search for treasures. I am searching for a media console and Todd usually thumbs through records and gadgets. As we approached the records I said "wanna look through those, pop?" to which the woman who was running the sale replied "We don't have any rock and roll."
Am I flattered? Sort of, I guess. I suppose, if given a choice, I'd want to look like people who aren't looking for Perry Cuomo. But it was just strange. I don't have big hair, tattoos, nose rings, you know, rock and roll stuff happening. I was wearing jeans and a t-shirt with a squirrel on it. Nothing says rock and roll like a girl in a squirrel shirt and her relatively clean cut husband out at a reasonable time on a Saturday sifting for treasures on some lady's lawn, right?
I ended up with a couple books and some neat old stationary - all for $1. Pretty rock and roll, if you ask me.

2 comments:

  1. You kill me. You vixen, the two of you just spell trouble with a capital T, in a James Dean kinda way.

    Ha. ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe they could smell the whiskey on me.

    ReplyDelete