Friday, December 3, 2010

The Price of Fancy

Waiting to leave a work party last night, I noticed a sign by the valet stand that said: "Suggested Valet Gratuity: $3.50". My contention is that there is a standard $2 gratuity for valets. Period. This was not a optional valet either - I was forced to hand my keys over. Plus, I could see my car.

I mentioned this to my old boss, a retired Marine, who was standing in line behind me.

Me: "Am I being a cheapass or does $3.50 sound a little steep for this?"
Him: "That is a little high, yah..."
Me: "Well, I'm giving my standard $2 tip..."
Him:  "I got a $20 and a $1 - guess what he's getting"

So I handed him another $1 so we could poorly tip in solidarity.

2 comments:

  1. They can "suggest" in one hand and poop in the other. See which one gets filled first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take a stand against the man.
    Viva la revolucion!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete